The Butterfly Effect with Jon Ronson
- Author(s):Jon Ronson
- Publisher:Audible Originals
- Publication date:2017-07-27
- Binding:Audible Audio Edition
- List price: $24.95
- Best price:$14.95
- Our offer:$14.95
- View other offers with best values
- Return to the search result page
From best-selling writer Jon Ronson and the executive producer behind the TED Radio Hour and Invisibilia, Audible Originals presents a new seven-episode series, The Butterfly Effect with Jon Ronson.
[Contains explicit content] Free for a limited time, hear the story of what happened when the tech industry gave the world what it wanted: free porn. Lives were mangled. Fortunes were made. All for your pleasure. Follow writer and narrator Jon Ronson as he uncovers our web of desire.
About Jon Ronson:
Known for exploring the fringes of society, Jon Ronson is a best-selling writer, noted documentarian, and screenwriter - including the award-winning Frank and critically acclaimed Okja. He is the author of international hits So You've Been Publicly Shamed, The Men Who Stare at Goats, and The Psychopath Test, amongst others. A TED Talk favorite, Ronson is also a regular contributor to public radio's This American Life, the New York Times magazine, and GQ magazine.
A Note from Jon:
Welcome to The Butterfly Effect. It's sort of about porn, but it's about a lot of other things. It's sad, funny, moving and totally unlike some other nonfiction stories about porn - because it isn't judgmental or salacious. It's human and sweet and strange and lovely. It's a mystery story, an adventure. It's also, I think, a new way of telling a story. This season follows a single butterfly effect. The flap of the butterfly's wings is a boy in Brussels having an idea. His idea is how to get rich from giving the world free online porn. Over seven episodes I trace the consequences of this idea, from consequence through to consequence. If you keep going in this way, where might you end up? It turns out you end up in the most surprising and unexpected places.
So if you're thinking, why do I want to listen to a show about the tech takeover of the porn industry, I have two things to say:
1. Why wouldn't you want to listen to a show about the tech takeover of the porn industry? That's a great idea for a show.
2. Would you want to listen to a show about three women destroying a mysterious Norwegian man's stamp collection? Well, that happens at the end of episode 2. At the end of Episode 3 a woman becomes convinced that she played a part in a murder committed by an Italian priest. At the end of Episode 4 a boy in Oklahoma is forced to move to a house on the very, very edge of his town.
I hope you like our show,
Listen to the entire series for free through mid-October.