Fundamentals of Infrared and Visible Detector Operation and Testing (Wiley Series in Pure and Applied Optics)
- Author(s):John David Vincent, Steve Hodges, John Vampola, Mark Stegall, Greg Pierce
- Publication date:2015-11-09
- List price: $145.00
- Best price:$114.40
- Our offer:$129.28
+ Free Shipping Eligible
- View other offers with best values
- Return to the search result page
Presents a comprehensive introduction to the selection,operation, and testing of infrared devices, including adescription of modern detector assemblies and theiroperation
This book discusses how to use and test infrared and visibledetectors. The book provides a convenient reference for thoseentering the field of IR detector design, test or use, those whowork in the peripheral areas, and those who teach and train othersin the field.
Chapter 1 contains introductory material. Radiometry is coveredin Chapter 2. The author examines Thermal detectors in Chapter 3;the “Classical” photon detectors – simplephotoconductors and photovoltaics in Chapter 4; and “ModernPhoton Detectors” in Chapter 5. Chapters 6 through 8consider respectively individual elements and small arrays ofelements the “readouts” (ROICs) used with large imagingarrays; and Electronics for FPA Operation and Testing. The Test Setand The Testing Process are analyzed in Chapters 9 and 10, withemphasis on uncertainty and trouble shooting. Chapters 11 through15 discuss related skills, such as Uncertainty, Cryogenics, Vacuum,Optics, and the use of Fourier Transforms in the detector business.Some highlights of this new edition are that it
- Discusses radiometric nomenclature and calculations, detectormechanisms, the associated electronics, how these devices aretested, and real-life effects and problems
- Examines new tools in Infrared detector operations,specifically: selection and use of ROICs, electronics for FPAoperation, operation of single element and very small FPAs,microbolometers, and multi-color FPAs
- Contains five chapters with frequently sought-after informationon related subjects, such as uncertainty, optics, cryogenics,vacuum, and the use of Fourier mathematics for detectoranalyses
Fundamentals of Infrared and Visible Detector Operation andTesting, Second Edition, provides the background and vocabularynecessary to help readers understand the selection, operation, andtesting of modern infrared devices.